Friday Five // About The Girl Behind The Blog

6/27/2014

I'm linking up again for another Friday Five hosted by the DC Trifecta that is MarCourtney and Cynthia! This weeks topic is 'All About Me'. So, I'm gonna share 5 things you may or may not already know about me here on the blog!
1) I'm OCD about the way I eat my food.
For as long as I can remember, I've always eaten my food in a particular order. I always tend to have Meat, Veg and most likely some Carbs on my plate for every meal and consistently every meal, I will eat all my veggies first, then the Carbs and then the meat.

So if I have Veg with Rice and Chicken, I'll eat the Veg, then I will push all of my chicken to one side on my plate, eat all the rice and then eat the chicken.

I don't consciously know and think about the fact that I eat my food that way but everyone else seems to notice my weird eating habits.

2) The only time I've ever been to hospital for something was my surgery at 23 years old.
*touch wood* I've never had to go to the hospital for anything. I've never broken a bone or gotten seriously ill..so having surgery back in April was my first experience in a hospital.. and hopefully one I never have to go through again, hah.

3) I've never smoked and very rarely drink.
Smoking never appealed to me even when friends were smoking, its just been something I was never interested in and never will be.

I only ever drink on special occasions like New Years, I don't drink on my birthday or anyone else's birthday. I literally hate the taste of all alcohol and only endure it if I have to for celebrations. On the other side to this, when I do drink for celebrations, I tend to get more than a little bit tipsy when I've had even one glass.

4) I'm an absolutely dreadful cook

I really love baking and being creative with different recipes, however, I detest cooking and at every opportunity I will get someone else to cook.

I have to have timers on my phone to keep track of times for cooking and I usually burn things and I easily get flustered.

Leave me in charge of a dessert and I'm perfect and I can handle it just fine, but actual food, no chance.

5) I'm right handed, but tend to do most things with my left.

Or maybe its just normal, let me know!

Probably sounds weird. I'm right handed, I write with my right hand, I can't for the life of me write anything with my left, however, I hold my fork in my right hand, and my knife in the left(conventionally, right-handers hold forks in left hand, knife in right)

When opening any sort of containers, I hold the container with my right hand and open the container with my left.

Maybe this is normal and I've just been over thinking things!

Thank you to the lovely ladies for hosting this linkup. Be sure to check them out and the other posts too!
Question: Are you left or right handed?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow you sound a lot like me! I write right handed but do everything else left handed...sports, bowling, opening things, eating, I even hit harder on my left side when running! And I'm kinda OCD about my rice...I have to pay it down so it's all flat after every bite I take. I don't notice it either but others laugh at me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Montana It's kinda nice to know that there is someone that does something similar and I'm not the only one! No-one I know does anything similar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lindsey @ Onemotherofaday I've no idea HOW I picked up the habit but its definitely transferable because I've recently noticed that my fiance has recently swapped hands for knife and fork to the way I do it, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from #FF. I am also a bit OCD when I eat. I do not like the different foods touching (veg, carb, and meats - esp if sauce is involved), even though I will take a bite of each in succession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mar @ MarOnTheRun.com28 June 2014 at 16:11

    I'm a leftie but definitely do a lot of things with my right hand. Using scissors being one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so interesting that you do so many things with the opposite hand! Thanks for linking up with us - I loved these 5 facts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @RunJenny Glad I'm not the only one OCD with food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura! I found your blog from the Friday five link-up!!
    I am right handed and do everything right handed except for eating. I eat with my left hand and I blame my hubby for that. He is left handed and for some reason it rubbed off on me, if it is even possible...I don't know.
    I am not a drinker either. I will have a glass of wine maybe 2x a year and that is only in social situations. We have absolutely no alcohol in our house!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook