The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!

8/14/2014

About a week ago, I was nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Tiffany at The Chi-Athlete and Farrah at Fairy Burger! I'm so incredibly flattered to be nominated for this! Thank you, Ladies!

The Rules:
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.

So, lets go!

My Seven Facts:

1
I have lost ~120 lbs over the last 3 years through combination of healthier eating and exercise. I ended up with loose skin after losing all the weight and had skin removal surgery. I'm now building my fitness back up.

2
I have A LOT of fears! Just a few including Needles, Insects/Creepy-Crawlies of any sort!, Heights, Death..

3
I met Phillip online through an online game called World of Warcraft and we didn't meet until after a year of talking on Skype and met on Friday 13th February 2009.

4
I got my first job after my first interview when I was 21 and even though I have a degree in Forensic Computing, I don't use it for my job.

5
I've never broken a bone and the only time I went to hospital was when I had my surgery. *touch wood*

6
I only learnt how to swim on my first holiday in Egypt when I was 21 - but I don't know how to swim confidently yet so I am taking some Adult Swimming Lessons

7
I'm like Dr Dolittle, except.. I talk to the animals... AND THEN reply back for them too ;)

My Inspiring Nominees(In no particular order)
1) Sarah Ohm
2) Katie @ Cake Vs Scales
3) Libby @ Bruises In The Frosting
4) Tess @ FitBits
5) Laura @ Scribbles & Sass
6) Steph @ Tub On The Run
7) Rebecca @ Weight Wars
8) Heather @ Shorty Runs
9) Nevie  Writing, Reading, Running
10) Maureen @ My Everyday Treats
11) Heather @ Divas Run For Bling
12) Jess @ Operation Skinny Jeans
13) Diana @ Livy Loves To Run
14) Suz @ Suz Lyfe
15) Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer

The above bloggers are all AWESOME! and provide inspiration, motivation, tips and much more! I advise you all to check them out! Don't forget about the people who nominated me too! :)

As for the nominees, you don't HAVE to participate(I know a lot of people have busy schedules) but it would be great if you did!

Question: Tell me a fun fact about you!

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. you're so sweet! thanks for the nomination, my dear. i love that you're taking swimming lessons, i'm such a water baby but don't have any sort of technique. i just bob around.

    a fact about me: i have more scars than i probably know about. i have already been a very clumsy person and i fall down a lot, resulting in many cuts, but only two sets of stitches - the first through my eyebrow after hitting my head on a rock after falling down a flight of stairs, and the second in my left leg after i broke it two years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than welcome! :)

      I hope to be a water baby soon! I'm really enjoying it at the moment, just wish I had more time to get down to the pool to practice.

      I think I'm over careful and that's the reason I don't hurt myself often, I'm ALWAYS looking down at the floor when I'm walking to make sure I don't trip. My other half on the other hand is the complete opposite and EVERY time we go for a walk, he manages to trip a couple of times on something ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this, it is very kind of you! I think it is fab that you're taking swimming lessons. Despite being a seaside resident for the majority of my life, I am not much of a swimmer. I hope you continue to enjoy it! Also, I really do think that you are amazing for your weight loss and the surgery - very brave and a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Steph! and you're very welcome! :)

      Definitely enjoying swimming, just trying to find more time to fit it in as the pool times are weird. :/

      Delete
  3. You are awesome and your weight loss story is so inspirational! <3

    I talk with animals all the time too! :D And it's kinda awesome that you met him through WoW! I usually just hear of people getting WoW-widowed. :[

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, people are always surprised when we mention about how we met and some people have absolutely no idea what we are talking about ;)

      Delete
  4. You absolutely are incredibly inspiring, but for more than your weight loss. Sure, that is amazing, above and beyond, but to maintain, to continue and to be a person that people look up to and want to be around in the midst? Now, that is inspiring. Every day, you should wake up with the biggest smile on your face.
    My mom has complete conversations with our dogs, and I definitely chat with mine. Alex and I pretend our stuffed animals talk from time to time (after all, they are our children, haha).
    Time to get you in that pool and get your ready for a triathlon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much, you've definitely put a big smile on my face!

      My other half's mother also has full blown conversations with the animals, its quite funny to watch and listen ;)

      I only wish that eventually I will be able to swim good enough to enter a triathlon, watch this space! ;)

      Delete
  5. My congratulations on being nominated! You work so hard; you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook