Jumping In At The Deep End! - Adult Swimming Lessons

7/27/2014

As some of you may or may not already be aware, I only learnt to swim a few years ago when I was on holiday in Egypt - as a child, I'd had swimming lessons but never fully learnt how to swim.

I learnt the basics in Egypt. I learnt how to swim and how to keep afloat but not much else. I kinda hate swimming, I only do it if I have to, I don't feel comfortable in the water and panic very easily and I can't put my face in/under water.

I hate feeling this way and I'd love to be able to incorporate swimming into my exercise routine, SO, I took the plunge today and booked in for Adult Swimming Lessons.

It might sound silly, because I can already swim, but its a way for me to get more confident with the water, learn how to swim properly rather than just kicking my legs and moving my arms - maybe learn how to swim on my back - as I can't do that either.

I've got my first lesson tomorrow night and I will have one every week for 8 weeks to try and learn how to swim properly. I'll blog about it each week too, to keep everyone updated with my progress and what's involved in the lessons.

I'm nervous, I definitely think that I will be embarrassed going into the class(but hoping it will ease) but most of all, I'm excited to start swimming.

I went out and bought myself a swimming cossie and goggles for the class - I wasn't informed of anything else I needed(other than a towel ofc) but we will see how it goes! Hopefully I can pick it up pretty quickly!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Question: Can you swim? When did you first learn?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I took adult swim lessons a few years ago. Nothing wrong with doing that. I was in the same boat as you as I didn't fully learn as a kid and just never really had to swim. But now that I want to do a tri, you just have to practice. I hope your swim lesson went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went well, I was the only one there so it was practically one on one lesson! I'll be writing a blog post more about it :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook