The Before of the After - Loose Skin in Pictures

1/23/2014

Follow my blog on Bloglovin'
Wasn't quite sure what to call this post.. but I thought this might be appropriate. This post is about my 'after' of weight loss, but it is my 'before' of skin removal surgery so I thought it would be quite appropriate.

So, the post I've been dreading, but maybe one that you may be intrigued about. My loose skin photos..

So, first off, I think a clothed CURRENT before and after photo would be a good start..
Clothed, everything looks fine. I don't think that people suspect that there is anything different than other people walking down the street.

For myself, when I look down, I'll admit that if I wear anything even remotely tight fitting, for example in the photo above in my running gear.. when I look down at myself, I can SEE a bump.. and I can get pretty paranoid as it kinda looks like I'm  a couple months pregnant from that angle and its not something I would want someone asking me, especially if I wasn't.

As I mentioned in my first surgery post, there are other, more uncomfortable factors that come to hand, such as soreness, but we're talking on a pure looks perspective here.

So, lets get onto the uncomfortable part for me.. which is the actual pictures of my loose skin.

For obvious reasons here, I will NOT be showing full pictures of loose skin on my breasts as its a little I am not comfortable with putting these photos on my blog. I do, however, have one picture, but it does not show the full extent of the loose skin around my breast area.
Pinching the loose skin around my breast area
As you can see from the above photo, I am able to freely pinch quite a large area of loose skin around the breast area and as you can see, looks wrinkled.

Now, I'll share full photos of my stomach area and the loose skin that I have here.
Stomach, Stood Up.
 The above photo is when I'm stood up. My stomach protrudes and hangs. I've also go the little flap of skin above my stomach area where my abdominals are supposed to be.

It affects my exercise in many ways as both the flaps of skin will bounce around and cause quite a bit of discomfort with high impact exercises.

With normal underwear, it is impossible to tuck away unless I was to wear Granny Pants. It also means that I need to wear a size up in pants.. I actually don't know what size I would be in trousers. I'm currently a UK size 14.. sometimes a 12 in trousers, I'm able to tuck my stomach into trousers, but not into underwear.

As far as measurements are concerned I am:
On smallest part of waist: 27 Inches
On Largest part of belly: 35 Inches

That's quite a significant difference between the smallest part of my waist and the widest part. 8 Inches. These measurements have not changed within the last ~8 or so months, with hard work and diligence, it just will not budge.

Next, is a picture of my stomach when I am laying down, which is quite uncomfortable and rather disgusting for me to look at. It goes into a squidgy wrinkly mess when I lay down.
Stomach, Laying Down.
So, there you have it. My loose skin in all its ugliness. I know this is not half as bad as what some other people have going on, but as I mentioned in my very first post about skin removal surgery (HERE if you missed it), it affects me physically, but also mentally and can cause such a drain on my mood.

Regardless of the loose skin that I have now, I, in no way, regret loosing the weight and would do it a million times over. I would rather have the loose skin that I have now, than feel the way I did when I was at 258 lbs. That's not to mention the stress and the health complications that may have come along with staying at the size that I was.

Please, if you're afraid of having loose skin at the end of your weight loss journey. Don't be. This DOESN'T  happen to everyone.  I have seen plenty of weight loss stories and journeys on social media where people, heavier than me, have lost a lot of weight and have not had loose skin.

I do not know the reason why I have loose skin and they don't, but this is the way it has happened and I am grateful for a supportive Fiance and family that are supporting me through the next step in my journey.

If anyone has ANY questions at all, please feel free to leave a comment or email me if you'd like at laurafat2fit@gmail.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I am TERRIFIED of posting this, so please, please be nice!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I can relate to the loose skin, especially in the breast area. I know you will be thrilled for all those complications associated with this to be gone. Can't wait to read about your journey through this stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited and nervous at the same time, it wont be too long off now.. but that's for another post ;)

      Delete
    2. You've done amazingly well and i'm sure that you don't need me to tell you that you should be proud of yourself! We are all with you through the next stage of your journey and it sounds like you have a great support network with your family and fiancé :) well done for sharing this. (ps I am friends with you on MFP, Ishkabob, in case you were wondering from the name!!) x

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot! :) I did wonder about the name, cleared that one up! ;) thanks for being so supportive! x

      Delete
  2. You've done so well, to loose all weight that you have. Hopefully after the surgery you will feel you've accomplished the final hurdle. Good Luck

    www.myeverydaytreats.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope so!

      It feels like forever until it happens, but next week I should have a confirmed date, I'm looking at April dates at the moment so its not far away! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us. I know it's scary, but you've worked so hard and are such an amazing example and strength to others and me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been so hard to share, you should be so proud of what you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nortonmum Thanks :) Yes, it definitely was hard to share as it wasn't something I was proud of or liked in the slightest but I figured if it could help someone else in a similar position, it was worth doing :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook