No Excuses! and the Little Things..

1/22/2014


Happy Hump Day, everyone!

It was hammering it down this morning. If you're not familiar with the expression, that means that it was raining really hard.

Usually, under these circumstances, I'd normally skip my run day and do something else for exercise like Kettlebells or Yoga.

Today was different, and I decided that I'm fed up of making excuses for myself.

I figured.. If it happens to be raining every single time its my run day... will I not run and make excuses? and not run until it stops raining. NO! Its perfectly fine to run in the rain and does me no harm, I just don't enjoy it too much and was making silly excuses.
So, I ran in the rain and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. So, enough with the excuses, just get it done!

---

Also, today at work, a colleague had just got a coat delivered for his girlfriend. When he first took it out of the bag, he said he didn't know if it would fit her and the coat looked pretty big, I've never met his girlfriend so I don't know what she looks like, but she is active just like him, so I am assuming she had a slender figure.

He asked me to try on the coat so he would know whether or not it would fit his girlfriend or not.

I've NEVER been asked to do something like that.. and my mind instantly didn't want to do it in case it didn't fit and I'd be embarrassed.

He insisted so I nervously went to try it on. The coat was perfect and fit nicely with plenty of room to move about.

Its the little things that make you stop and think. There was no need to be nervous, I'm not the 18 and a half stone girl anymore, I'm just like any other normal woman and it made me think about how far I've come in my journey and how proud I should be about getting to this point.

If you haven't already done this, stop and give yourself a pat on the back for the accomplishments that you've done. It makes the world of difference and changes your whole way of thinking.

I've had to do this recently when I was in quite a negative state of mind regarding body image. It worked wonderfully and changed my mindset towards myself and everything I've done and has vastly improved my mood.

Do you take the time to compliment and congratulate yourself on the achievements you've made?

Do you like running in the rain?

Until Next Time!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great post. I need this reminder. I lost 45lbs and would like to lose a bit more. I need to focus on the things I have accomplished rather the scale not moving.
    I don't like running in the rain. I can take the cold but not the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great way to think! i'm terrible at acknowledging my accomplishments, I think its often much easier to 'find' the negatives rather than the positives! I am trying to get better at this though! I hate running in the rain. well, I hate going running if its raining when I leave. if i'm out and it starts, I actually quite enjoy it! does that make sense?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean about the rain as that happens to me too. If I'm already out running and it rains, its fine.. as I'm out and there's nothing I can do.. but when its raining already.. its such a battle to get myself out the door!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got an inspiring weight loss story, Laura=)
    What a great determination!

    Martial Arts Brisbane

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook