#Janathon // Day 4 & 5 - Major DOMS & Back to Work!

1/05/2015

Today was the day I went back to work.. and the day I suffered from some major DOMS(Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).

Yesterdays workouts consisted of my second workout from the SKNY Box plan as well as my 2nd(?) day of #30DaysofYoga with Adriene.

Yesterdays SKNY Box workout was a HIIT workout. I've actually never done a HIIT workout before so I didn't really know what to expect but I've heard that it is HARD so I was apprehensive to start.

The workout consisted of 20seconds on, 10 seconds off with High Knees, Mountain Climbers and Squat Jumps. It was as hard as I'd heard of. I was dying after just 4 rounds out of 8 and wanted to stop.. I didn't as I knew there was a reason people said it was so good.

I was a sweaty mess by the end of it. After the HIIT workout, I did some stretching with the second day of Yoga with Adriene which was great. I really enjoy Adriene's videos and she has such a soothing voice so its easy to relax. If you've never seen or tried any of Adriene's videos, I highly recommend you do, you can find her YT channel HERE.
Tank is from V3 Apparel, Pants are from Buddha Pants (10% off code: laura_fat2fit_10)
Today, like I mentioned at the beginning of this post. It was the time to go back to work! Its quite hard to re-adjust after being out of work for 2 weeks. I struggled getting up early this morning as I haven't been over the Christmas Period.

I also woke up to some pretty awful DOMS that got worse as the day went on. My chest is tight and it is sore to lift my arms and also I'm waddling quite alot as it's difficult to walk and sit down properly.

However, they say if you're sore that means its working.. so I'll take it and put up with it!

I'm about to go swimming and will be doing the next day of Yoga with Adriene when I get home. I've not been to swim lessons for 2 weeks over the Christmas period so I'm hoping I still remember what I've learnt so far but I'll save that for a post tomorrow, it might be nice to update people on how my lessons are going!

Hope you've had a great day and I'll speak to you again tomorrow!

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ouch, DOMS is just the worst. It usually strikes when I'm feeling all smug and thinking, "Hey, I'm way fitter than I thought I was!" then BAM! I'm in pain, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's exactly how it went! I was like.. 'Wow! that was a great workout, I'm feeling fantastic!' then I go to walk down and I can feel the jelly legs and I just know it's coming the next day! xD

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook