Recipe // Protein Banana Bread

3/09/2015

For full disclosure purposes, I received some protein powder from Monkey Nutrition for free in return for an honest review. I am not being paid to talk or advertise their products. All opinions of the product are my own.

So, last weekend on Mine and Phillips weekly shopping trip/Costa trip, we usually have a cake/sandwich of some sort and a drink. It was quite early on in the morning and I decided to try out their Mini Banana Loafs. It was fab, I won't lie. However, the nutritional value on the loafs for what you actually get was pretty poor.

So, I recently received some protein powder from Monkey Nutrition and I didn't want to only take the protein powder in shake form. I wanted other ways to incorporate protein into my diet and therefore decided that baking would be a good option.

So, that is where my Protein Banana Bread was born! I had a look online for what sort of ingredients I might need for the banana bread and subbed in some healthier ingredients.

Granted, this isn't going to taste as moist and fluffy as a banana bread that is full of butter and sugar, but I think it tastes really great. The banana flavour is there, the outer crust of the bread has an almost crunchy exterior and then the inside of the bread is soft and chewy.

So, lets get onto the Ingredients and Recipe for my Protein Banana Bread! I did a video for this recipe too if you would prefer to watch the process rather than read it! :) You can find the video at the bottom of this post or click HERE.

****
Protein Banana Bread

by Laura Dryden
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ingredients (10-12 slices)
  • 1 and a Half Scoops of Protein Powder(I used Monkey Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate)
  • 1/2 cup of Wholemeal Flour
  • 1/3 cup of Rolled Oats
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon or Mixed Spice
  • 2 Large Bananas - Mashed
  • Egg Whites from 2 Large Eggs
  • 3 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
Instructions
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius for electric ovens or 160 degrees Celsius for fan assisted ovens.
2) Pre-line a baking loaf tin with grease proof paper and/or non-stick spray.
3) Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. All the wet ingredients into a second, smaller bowl.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, makes sure there is no flour/dry ingredients seen on the mixture.
5) Empty the mixture into the pre-lined loaf tin and place into the pre-heated oven for around 30 minutes or until the mixture is golden brown in colour and a skewer comes out clean.
6) Allow the Banana Bread to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove from the loaf tin
7) Remove Banana Bread from the loaf tin and transfer to a wire rack so it can cool further.
Powered by Recipage

****

So, that's it!

The protein bread is perfect with a cup of tea.. in fact.. It's what I'm enjoying it with now as I write this post and it's also enjoyable when topped with some PB!

The video for this recipe is below:


If you try out my protein banana bread, then pleeeease tag me on social media and let me know what you think! All my social media links are at the bottom of this post :)

Question: Whats your favourite type of cake/bread?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've just bookmarked this recipe to make when I go home and have all the ingredients!

    hanrosewilliams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! Let me know how you get on! :D

    It's exciting.. and almost nerve racking to know someone will be trying out my recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook