Review // Monkey Nutrition // Primal26 Whey Protein Isolate

3/28/2015

For full disclosure purposes, I received a bag of Primal26 from Monkey Nutrition for free in return for an honest review. I am not being paid to talk or advertise their products. All opinions of the product are my own.


A few weeks back, I got contacted by Monkey Nutrition, an award winning company providing sports nutrition products. Monkey Nutrition provide everything from protein powders, sports supplements, health supplements and Paleo foods.

As I've mentioned many times on the blog here recently, as I up my training schedule for Half Marathon training and have started to increase my home workouts, I figured it would be as good a time as any to try and up my protein intake to not only help with building and repairing muscles after a workout but also to try and help me stay fuller for longer and reduce my snacking during the day.

With this in mind, I took to the Monkey Nutrition wesbite to have a gander at the products. I ideally, having never tried protein powder before, I wanted to pick out a protein powder to use.

There are many different types such as protein concentrate & protein isolate and I had no clue! Luckily enough, MN did a blog post about the different types of protein powders available and the benefits of using each one. You can find that HERE if you're interested.

I went for the Primal 26 - Whey Protein IsolatePrimal26 and it is their best selling product. It has undergone a bit more processing than Concentrate, however it is sugar free(sweetened with Stevia instead), lactose free, gluten free, fat free and cholesterol free.and There's only 1g carbs per serving but will give you 26g protein.

This protein powder is great for muscle growth and repair, fat loss, and general well-being. Ideal for a variety of different lifestyles and goals.
Primal26 whey protein isolate comes in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I got Primal26 in French Vanilla, just because it's a versatile flavour and therefore could try it in different ways, like in smoothies, baking and ofc just as a shake.

The smell of this is freaking amazing! It smells just like Vanilla Ice Cream. I was still apprehensive and curious about the taste. I've had products before that smell nice but taste awful, I've also heard of many protein powders that have a chalky taste to them. This was definitely not the case! This protein powder tastes as good as it smells and I can only describe it as an Ice Cream Milkshake. It was delicious.

I also used this protein powder in a recipe to make Protein Banana Bread. It turned out really well! I have a recipe video for my Protein Banana Bread that you can see below:

I've a blog post HERE with all the recipe instructions and ingredients if you don't want to watch the video. If you decide to make this, please let me know! Obviously, you can use whatever protein powder you want but Primal26 works really well with this and the Banana Bread tastes delicious!

I'd definitely recommend this protein powder solely based on it's taste! You can check out the other products sold by Monkey Nutrition over on their website HERE. They also have a blog where they feature posts on topics such as workouts, nutrition and recipes.

Thanks again to Monkey Nutrition for allowing me to try out Primal26!

Monkey Nutrition Links:

Question: Do you use protein powder? What's your favourite? What do you look for when choosing a protein powder?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook