Om Yoga Magazine // Steps To A More Positive You!

9/11/2014


Disclosure: I am part of the OM Yoga Blogger Programme. I have been provided me with a free subscription to the magazine in exchange for writing a blog post for each month. All opinions and thoughts are my own. Links/Ads for OM Yoga are affiliated referral links. See my policy page HERE for more detail.

Did you know that September 13th is Positive Thinking Day?! Neither did I until I read this months OM Yoga Magazine. I always try to stay/be positive but sometimes, its not always possible and negative thoughts can take over occasionally, as I found out when I weighed in this week.

In this months issue of OM Yoga Magazine, there is an article on 'Positive Vibes' with seven steps to the feel good factor.

Yoga has always been a way for me to get that feel good factor.. however, if you're struggling and yoga isn't quite doing it for you, then here are a few of the tips that the article mentions for being more positive!

Stop comparing yourself to others
I'm sometimes guilty of this and it can be a real downer. With the rise of social media, we are constantly exposed to what everyone else is doing and can get caught in the trap of thinking that you are not good enough.. or successful enough.

Take a step back, focus on yourself and think about ways that you can improve your own life rather than comparing your life to others. You'll feel less likely to compete against others leading to a more positive outlook.

Give to others
There is something incredibly uplifting about doing something for someone else. Especially if it's something that matters to you. Is there an elderly neighbor that could benefit from a cup of tea and a chat? or an animal shelter that could spare a couple of hours for volunteer work?

Try something that might cheer up someone else, you'll be surprised at how good it makes you feel.

Dance
I'm sure you've heard the saying 'Dance like no one is watching!'. Learning not to care about what people think of you is a great lesson to learn.

You've never done it? Now's your chance! Turn up the music, let yourself go and feel the music! It makes you smile and laugh and stops you worrying about what anyone else thinks.


Focus on the present

Focusing on the present, rather than past or future can help us avoid worrying about the 'ifs and buts' in life.

You'll be more efficient and productive and far less stressed in the process!


Plan something to look forward to

This is something that I have done recently. Booking a holiday or arranging dinner with a friend can help to boost your mood and provide you something positive to focus on.

For me, I booked a holiday for next year. It's definitely boosted my mood and allowed me to have something to look forward to..and also something for me to focus on.

Do something positive today!

There were many more articles that were great to read in this months issue. There is a great section on Yoga and Pregnancy. The cover of this months issue features their first pregnant yogi to grace the cover!, If you LOVE yoga and you're pregnant, this would be a great issue for you!

If you're interested in yoga and more articles like this and you want to subscribe to the Om Yoga Magazine, you can subscribe here or click the ad below. Each magazine is £1.99 (bargain!) or you can get a 6 or 12 month subscription(£8.99/£16.99)
OM Yoga Magazine
Question: What do you do to get yourself out of a negative mood?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook