Sum It Up.. Sunday

11/30/2014

Good Evening, Lovelies! 

We're back for another recap post. These posts are actually more for my own benefit and accountability as that's what my blog was setup for in the first place but hopefully some of you like to see what I've been up to during the week! :)
Exercise
Swimming - I actually made some good progress this week and I was so proud of myself when I left the lesson! I still need to work on rotating in the water but I was able to swim further without stopping which is a good start.

Running x 3 - I managed a short run with the dog, a 3 miler and a 10 k this week. My shorter runs were OK but not the best. My legs just felt like lead and I really didn't enjoy them. surprisingly, my 10 k run was my best run this week but I struggled to even get out of the door.

I had planned to do 6 miles. I didn't do it in the morning and REALLY wasn't feeling it in the afternoon and decided to just do 3 miles. However, when I was actually out running, it felt good, my legs felt good, my stomach was a little uncomfortable as I went out too soon after eating but I just decided to keep going and ended up getting a 6.2 miler done with a time of 58 mins.

My last 6 mile run was just over an hour so I've shaved at least 2 minutes off my time and I know if I eat properly before hand with plenty of time, I should be able to do this new years 10 k in about 55 minutes. That's my aim at least!

I didn't do any other forms of exercise this week! Really annoyed at myself that I didn't so any yoga as I really have no excuse. I'm just ridiculously off my routine at the moment!

Food
Food has been good this week. I've made healthier choices. I've been drinking more tea/water which has stopped me eating so much and so I've not been snacking as much but I don't think I'm drinking as much as I should be and need to try and get in some more water during the day.

Meals are on point. I usually don't have any problems with my main meals and always get in veggies, proteins and carbs for a balanced meal. So nothing really needs to change there.

Plan For Next Week
I did the 3 runs this week that I planned to do so I'm happy with that. I'll try to get in another 3 runs this week, if not, at least a long run on the weekend for my training.

I think most of my focus needs to be on my routine cause it sucks. I need to get up earlier in the mornings rather than staying in bed for an extra hour in the warmth. This is one of the reasons why I'm not getting in any cross training during the week and I HATE working out in the afternoons so it's got to be in the morning!

My yoga has been neglected and I want to get back into it. By the end of next year I want to be able to do a headstand and handstand confidently so I've got A LOT of work to put in to get to that point. It's best to start early! I've also been wanting to try out Boxing Yoga since I saw it at the OM Yoga Show and they have a 30 min vid on Youtube so I really want to try that out this week!

Other than that I'm gonna try and drink more water and stay hydrated. I'm aiming for 8 glasses a day!

Hopefully I have a better week of exercise! You'll know next Sunday whether I did or not! ;)

***

If you haven't seen, I started a Gift Guide Series that I'll be doing over the next week or two. I put up my first one on Friday which is a Gift Guide for Runners, so check that out. I also put up a new recipe yesterday for Carrot Cake Muffins with Cinnamon Icing which were delicious so be sure to check that out too!

Have a great week!

Question: Have you any tips for getting in and staying in a proper routine in the mornings?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. @Wellbeing Adventure Thanks Jenny! I've just got to move on and carry on chugging away! You're most welcome with the Yoga tips, if you have any questions, I'll always try to help! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura you are going to SMASH that 10km race..when I was running 10kms more often (this is my December aim) I was training at 57/58min and getting the odd day when I could run a really happy 55min 10km so I know you'll hit that goal or better it for certain! :D
    Don't worry about not having a Yoga session - The lovely thing is it's there when you need it..even if it's only once every two week's or once a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katie G Thanks! :) The only problem I see myself facing is actually getting out for my training runs. I want to get more 'speedy' but I don't even know how or what runs you're supposed to do. If I get 55 mins I'll be over the moon! We'll see! :)


    Thanks for the pep talk, I can always count on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook