Monday Weigh In // Change of Plans..

10/20/2014

Last Weeks Weight: 150.4 lbs

This Weeks Weight: 151.2 lbs

Loss/Gain This Week: +0.8 lbs

Total Weight Loss: 107 lbs

No Surprise.. *rolls eyes*

Probably a combination of water weight from my long run and 2 PiYo workouts on Sunday andddd not drinking enough.

I'm thinking of stopping the weekly weigh ins to stop me focusing on the scales and instead doing monthly weigh ins. I think it will also be helpful to do some sort of measurements and progress picture posts, so I'll be doing that as well starting next month.

I don't pay enough attention to the changes in my body and how I feel and instead stress myself out by numbers.

So yes, that's the plan. Monthly weigh-ins and measurements/progress pics monthly posts. I'll start it them at the beginning of next month. It makes more sense than starting half way through the month.
Question: Have you/Do you take progress pictures? How important are they for you?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Monthly weigh ins make a lot of sense. I have debated whether to go monthly, but I want to track what is working, what's not working. I measure and need to take some better starting pictures soon. I remember that Lucy (http://lucylookout.wordpress.com) used to do a monthly round up post which took quite a holistic approach. You are doing great though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know..
    I wish I took more progress picture's, I never took photos of my figure when I was bigger as I was embarrassed.. & now my figure is changing again & I need to actually take some pictures.. Eeeek wish me luck!
    P.s
    You looked fab in those yoga jeans - So ditch the scale & if you must...monitor bodyfat over weight..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.

    It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a
    developer to create your theme? Excellent work!

    my website; Desert Plants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks @Steph. I think the problem with monthly weigh ins is that I'll still be tempted to get on the scale to make sure it's moving the right way, like you said. I deffo need to start measuring. I haven't done it since pre-surgery - I take pictures all the time for surgery but not for the purpose of body change progress - I already follow Lucy, but I'll have to check out her weigh ins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katie G I know right? I hardly ever took photos during my weight loss as I hated the way I looked. The only photos I have from at my higher weight was from my holidays and even then, they're from the waist up.

    I deffo need to start taking pictures again! Good luck with yours! :)

    and thanks! I might get some calipers or something.. but then I'm afraid I might swap my obsession to that.. so maybe not ;)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook