Recipe // Oaty PPB & Raisin Muffins

1/26/2015

For full disclosure purposes, I received some products from Hale Naturals for free in return for an honest review. I am not being paid to talk or advertise their products. All opinions of the product are my own.
This recipe was supposed to go up a while back and it completely slipped my mind to post it until I was going through my photos the other day. I just knew I had to post them as they were delicious! So delicious infact that I kept them to myself to eat and only gave a few to Phillip instead of sharing them(is that bad? xD)

They're made with all healthy ingredients, they're not hard to make, it's just mixing all the ingredients together really and then putting it in the oven!

They're low in calories, filling and they have 7g of protein thanks to the PPB(Powdered Peanut Butter). I got sent some lovely PPB to try out by the lovely people over at Hale Naturals. I've never tried anything like this out before so I was quite intrigued. 

PPB is pretty much exactly as it says, It's Powdered Peanut Butter, you mix the powder with water to make a peanut butter mixture(smooth obviously). PPB has 70% less fat than traditional peanut butter. The peanuts are slowly roasted and then pressed to remove most of the fat and oil, the result is peanut flour with less saturated fat but high in protein and fibre.

PPB can be used for all sorts, it can be used with water to make peanut butter that you would usually put on toast, bagels, etc or can be used in smoothies, baking or can be used as a flavouring in frostings or sauces.

I've used it for a couple of my baking project so far and they've turned out great. I've also tried the PPB on its own mixed with the water to the consistency of Peanut Butter and it tastes great considering it's not ACTUAL Peanut Butter.

I'm definitely going to be using it for many more recipes that might require a peanut butter flavouring and I'll make sure to share them when I do but for now, I'll leave you with the recipe for Oaty PPB & Raisin Muffins!

Oaty PPB & Raisin Muffins

by Laura Dryden
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 20
Keywords: bake snack sugar-free muffin
Ingredients (serves 18)
  • 3 Cups(270g) of Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 Cup(100g) of Natvia or Sugar
  • 3 tbsp PPB
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tbsp Mixed Spice or Cinnamon
  • 2 Eggs and 1 Egg White
  • 300 ml of Almond Milk(or regular milk if you prefer)
  • 2 Mashed Bananas(large)
  • 1/2 Cup of Raisins
Instructions
1) Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C or 155 degrees C for Fan Oven.
2) Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3) In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until all combined and mixture is fairly smooth.
5) Stir in the raisins
6) Spoon the mixture into 18 cupcake cases or mini muffin cases(I greased cupcake cases as the oat mixture can stick to the paper cases).
7) Place into oven and bake for 20 minutes until tops are golden and a skewer comes out clean and muffins are cooked through.
8) After baking, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

****

So there you have it! Delicious, healthy, lower calorie, high protein Oaty PPB & Raisin Muffins. You can also make them sugar free if you use a sugar substitute like Natvia and Gluten Free if you use Gluten Free Oats! And of course, if you don't like raisins then you could always sub them for chocolate chips or another type of extra that you think might go with Peanut Butter. The choice is entirely up to you.

These muffins are fantastic warm, straight out of the oven, or cold as a grab and go breakfast or even as a post workout snack. I'll definitely be making them again.

If you try them, do let me know! I'd love to know what you think! You can let me know on Twitter HERE, Facebook HERE and Instagram HERE! :)

Enjoy! I'm now off for my swimming lesson!

Have a great evening :)

Question: Do you like Peanut Butter? Whats your favourite way to eat it? :)

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mmm these look tasty Laura! I definitely think I need to puchase some PPB to try out, it looks right down my alley haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jordan Burrell Thanks Lovely! The PPB is great, I'm looking forward to trying out more ways to have it but it's been great so far! It does have sugar added to them, unless you get the stevia version, but in small quantities its great and protein is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious & I love peanut butter so will have to give these a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Helen Monger Thanks, sweet! :) They were SO good. I'm probably going to make another batch this week! Deffo let me know if you try them out :) x

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook