Great North Run - Training Diary - Week 4

7/20/2015

We're back again for my week 4 recap! - This week has been a sort-of taper week as I had a race this weekend - I didn't want to taper too much as my main focus is training for GNR.. but I needed to have semi-fresh legs atleast for the race.

Week 4 Training Schedule
Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Scheduled
Swim
3 Miles
4 Miles PACE
Rest/CT
3 Miles
Rest/CT
7 Miles
What I Did
Swimming
3 Miles PACE / 13.35 Mile Bike Ride
4 Miles
Walking
2 Miles
Walking
10k RACE

So most of my runs weren't on plan this week. I was originally supposed to be doing a 4 mile pace run on Tuesday, however, I ended up having runner tummy issues and I had to get back pronto ;)

So, it ended up being a 3 mile pace run and a 4 mile easy run the day after. On Friday, I sort of tapered - meaning I just cut my run down by a mile and went VERY easy!

I've had the Great Newham London Run booked for quite a while so I knew that it had to be part of my training. I know that I had a 7 miler on the cards for my long run this weekend but I figured a 10k race would even it out. I'll be doing a Race Recap for the Newham Run.. it should be up in the next couple of days.

So, that's been my week of training. Nothing on schedule but nothing I think has affected my training very much so I'm happy with how things went this week.

Week 5 Training Schedule
Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Scheduled
Swim
3 Miles
4 Miles
Rest/CT
3 Miles
Rest/CT
8 Miles
                                                     

So, I should be back into my proper training this week, back on plan! I'm not so looking forward to my long run this weekend. As soon as the mileage strarts to go above 6 miles, I start to enjoy my runs less and less - even more so when there are only certain routes that can be done around this area without having to travel.

I will probably be running into town - Phillip will drive the car to town and go for his run whilst he's there, then we can meet up afterwards - We will see - I might change my mind.

You'll find out next week! ;)

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook