June Recap

7/02/2013

Happy 2nd of July!


A day late.. but I already had two other posts go up yesterday so I didn't want to do a third. This is gonna be pretty short. I have a few things to sum up on.. that's about it.

This month has gone MEGA fast! 

I've been running 4 times a week. On Saturdays and Sundays as I normally do with Phillip and his mum.. and then on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Originally, I was supposed to be running Tuesdays as well.. however Phillip's Mum and her partner are normally in bed till a little later on Tuesdays and therefore I can't go for a run in the morning or I won't be able to shower... and I'm not having that before work so I decided to just run 4 days a week and I think it would have been better than 5 days anyway.

In June, I also joined in the Squat and Ab Challenge. I made a calendar, the squats were for 4 days in a row and then a rest.. 4 days and a rest.. etc.

The first days were hard. I wasn't used to it. In fact.. Everyday was hard as I was never doing the same amount, I was always upping my reps. About a week into the challenge, I started getting issues with my Hamstring when running.. I put it down to a pull.. but stuck it out and kept running with it.

I only put two and two together at the end of the challenge.. I only started to get the hamstring issues when I started the Squat and Ab challenge so that was probably what was causing the problem.

So.. I ended up stopping the challenge 2 days before it ended. Which seemed stupid, but the hamstring was getting worse the more I ran on it so It seemed like the best thing to do.

Other than my running and the challenges, not much more has happened this month.

I should have more to talk about next month. I've changed my workout routine again this month. I have some plans for helping with weight loss... and I have the National Lottery Run coming up mid July so that should be good. I'm looking forward to it.

Well... that's it. I hope everyone had a marvelous June.. and I hope everyone has an even better July.

What are your plans for July? Any upcoming events?

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook