Happy #NationalRunningDay and #HugYourCatDay!

6/04/2014

Happy Hump Day, #NationalRunningDay and #HugYourCatDay !

Today is National Running Day. Its a day where runners reaffirm their love for running and the reasons why they run and its also a great time for beginners to kick off their commitment to running too!

I participated last year with a run and they also ask for reasons why you run. I run for a lot of reasons and here are just a few of them!
There are a plethora of reasons as to why I run, but the reason that sticks out most is that I do it for myself and all the benefits that it brings. I improve my health and fitness, my endurance levels, it makes me feel better,  it can get me out of a funky mood.

Running has so many great benefits. Usually, on National Running Day, it includes a run, for as many miles as you want as a firm reminder of your reasons for running. 

I did this last year, however, I'm under different circumstances this year and I'm still not back into running since surgery. So instead I did my walking which I've been doing as part of the GGC Challenge and got in my 10k steps for the day.

According to my Garmin Vivofit, doing 10,000 steps a day is equal to ~5 miles. So I'm pretty happy that I'm walking that distance everyday. If it wasn't for the GCC, I probably wouldn't be walking much at all.

Today is also Hug Your Cat Day! and I was so excited about it. I hug Kia everyday anyway, but this pretty much gave me the excuse to KEEP hugging her all the time during the day. I'm pretty sure she is annoyed with me now ;)

I have just finished watching a program that was on the other night called The Secret Life of Cats, It was on ITV for anyone that might be interested. Probably wont be available for those in different countries but it was a fab little show about cats and their senses. There were some really cute stories too.. and a few of them made me tear up a little.

It also made me learn a lot about Kia and some things that I should keep an eye out for!

I hope everyone is having a great day :)

Until Next Time!

Question: Why do you run? If you don't, have you ever thought about starting?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm not a runner, but what what, hug your cat day!? That I can do! I'm living on a farm with about 80 of them right now. This is gonna be fun. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Farrah OMG! For SURE sounds like fun! Sounds great! I've enjoyed hugging (and bugging) the 4 cats in our house, haaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run to clear my head and be by myself for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had never heard of hug your cat day! i too hug my cat everyday, but now i have an excuse to hold on past his meows of annoyance haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @brittney I hadn't heard of it until I saw it trending on twitter yesterday. Gave me an excuse to hug her too much too. She wasn't too pleased by the end of the night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mary Yeah, I run for that too. Running is definitely a good stress reliever :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always heard 10,000 steps was the goal & then just heard it was upped to 14,000 to loose weight. Trying to figure out how many miles that is...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @rebeccajo Yeah, I heard 10,000 steps too, didn't know it had been upped. I have a Garmin Vivofit that does distance as well as steps and I've done 9.5k steps currently and it says i've done 4.5 miles.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook