Swimming // Half Way Update

8/30/2014

Hi Everyone! I thought I'd do a quick update on how the swimming is coming along..or not coming along.. sigh.

I've had 4/8 lessons so far. It's taking SO much longer for me to get a hang of everything than I first anticipated. It's quite frustrating really. I think I will need 8 more lessons after these are finished.

Since my last swimming post, I have still not learnt my breathing technique properly. In lessons, I seem to have it down, I can focus and it goes OK with no issues. As soon as it comes to trying it in practice swims on my own outside of the lesson, it all goes downhill.

I haven't learnt any arm swimming techniques. I haven't started to learnt breast stroke kick yet either.

So, do I have anything positive that's come out of my lessons? 
YES! I have learnt how to swim on my back quite comfortably and without a float, I picked it up very quickly. Prior to taking the lessons, I had never swam on my back before and I was too scared to try, now I can do lengths on my own.. so I guess that's something.

Part of the reason for my lack of progress is the fact that the pool that I go to is a very small pool and it can be very crowded. I have yet to find a time where I can get into the pool during the week and practice the techniques that I have learnt.

Currently, each time I've gone, the pool has been really crowded, I get nervous and anxious, people are swimming around me all the time because I'm really slow at swimming and I just can't focus on my techniques properly.

So I guess it's just going to take me longer to get all the techniques down. Breathing is going to take me a long time to get used to I think.

I wish I could have had a more positive update - I won't give up, I'll get there eventually, I'm sure. Hopefully, the next time I update here, I will be comfortably breathing in the water and atleast be swimming properly without a float.

Fingers Crossed!

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Don't give up! :) I'm rubbish and swimming, and don't like the water that much. Learning new things just take time, but I'm sure you'll get there soon enough! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely not giving up, but its just so disheartening to feel like I'm making no progress :/

      Delete

Like us on Facebook