Ultimate Coffee Date // October

10/04/2014

How is it October already?! This year is going so fast it's insane!

I'm linking up with Jill Conyers, Lynda at FitnessMomWineCountry and Nikki at Grab Your Kicks for an Ultimate Coffee Date Linkup! It's been a couple of months since I last did one of these.
Lets get to it shall we?!

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you... that surgery recovery is great. I'm pretty much back to my stamina and endurance that I had prior to surgery. Everything is healing well, I have no problems(other than some minor swelling still), everything is great!

Following on from that, If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you...  that I am SO disappointed in my surgeon. He has been cancelling, rescheduling and making me travel long distances to see him for my checkups and its so annoying!

I was supposed to see him tomorrow for my 6 month checkup and I had a phone call yesterday saying that he had to cancel on me and the next available time to see him is in November!

I guess that's what I get for having such a popular surgeon.

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you... that since it's been a while since we last had coffee, you may or may not know that I have been taking swimming lessons since the end of July, but it's not going as well as I hoped it would.

Although I knew how to swim properly prior to the lessons, it is SO hard to learn the different swim techniques. I'm sure I will get the hang of it eventually, I'm just a little impatient. It's just going to take time.

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you... that over the past couple of weeks, I joined 2 new communities.

I became an ambassador for FitFluential. Without going into tonnes of detail, FitFluential is a very well known community of health and fitness enthusiasts and I was SO fortunate to be chosen as an ambassador so I could share my influence and passion of health and fitness with other like minded people!

and I also joined HBloggers! I LOVE these girls(and now some guys!). They're some of the nicest, most supportive people I've never met. They share the same passion for health and fitness that I do and there are SO many delicious, healthy recipes coming from these lovely bloggers. Everytime I look at my social media, I end up drooling! hah

If we were having coffee this morning, I'd tell you... that now October has rolled around, it's time where everyone seems to be talking about Pumpkins and Pumpkin Spiced Lattes. Back when I joined in for my first Ultimate Coffee Date, I mentioned that I really don't like coffee. Guess What?! I don't like pumpkin either! or at least not the items of food that I've had that have been flavored with Pumpkin.

Maybe I should try the #PSL and see what all the rage is about?!

I don't think I have anything more to update on! This month is a busy one, I have quite a few events going on this month so I look forward to talking to you about them at our next coffee date!

Thanks for joining me today :) Please make sure you check out the lovely hosts(JillLynda and Nikki) and the other bloggers on the linkup! Coffees all round!
Question: If we were having coffee this morning, what would you tell me?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Congrats on fitfluential-I've been too afraid to apply! Swimming is fun-enjoy. Nice seeing you for coffee today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Confessions of A Mother Runner Thanks! I never expected to get in, I've heard of people being declined and thought it would be the same for me. Swimming is starting to get fun! Just frustrating when I don't progress as much.


    Nice having coffee with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry5 October 2014 at 20:27

    Laura, congrats and welcome to the FitFluential family. Thank you for joining us for coffee again. I am not a swimmer {unless you count me floating on a raft in the pool}. Our daughter was on the swim team for 4 years, then out of no where hung up her fins. She now runs on cross country. I can't complain, although I miss swimming, I love that she is a runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on fitfluential! :D That's awesome! I'm glad that the recovery is going well, and I hope you get to see your surgeon soon!

    Good luck also with the swimming! It's hard to master all the different strokes and techniques, and you're right, it takes a lot of time and patience, but you'll get there! :]

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook