Sum It Up.. Sunday

11/02/2014

Good Evening, Lovelies, I hope you've had a fantastic week.

This post is a little longer than usual, I guess it's been a busy-ish week so I've got more to talk about. Imma just jump straight into it!
Exercise
Swimming - As usual my swimming lesson this week. I actually felt great after this lesson. We had a different coach this week which I think made a major difference. He was more patient and more informative and was giving each of us our own feedback.

The problem with our regular coach is that I feel all she does with us each week is focus on us as a group and we get no real feedback individually on our swimming techniques. It's a shame we always have the same coach. If I could pick a coach, I'd rather have the one from this week.

Running x 3 - Got in a 3 miler, 4.5 miles and 1.5 mile runs this week which is great and was exactly what I planned last week.

I decided not to go as far as a long run this week. I don't need to be doing 6 miles every week it's just not necessary. I think having mileage of 4-5 miles as a long run each week and some speed runs leading up to the race should be more than enough and I will do more long runs closer to 6 miles as I get closer to the race.

Cross-Training - I didn't do any other forms of exercise this week, however, I have my plan, I'll discuss it later but I did drop PiYo from my workout schedule for the time being and actually, I feel SO much better for it. I'm no longer stressed or crying for no reason and I don't feel a black cloud above my head when I know I have to do it.

I will probably come back to it at some point but for the time being, its been put away.

Food
Food choices were good this week. I'm being more and more mindful of what foods I'm eating. Obviously it's not perfect, but who is?

Drinking more water/tea has also been a massive help as a majority of the time, I find I'm thirsty rather than hungry. I'll feel 'hunger' have a glass of water and if I'm still feeling hungry after around 10 minutes, then I know that I'm actually hungry and I'll have a snack, otherwise, a majority of the time, the hunger feeling has gone.

I also did some baking this weekend and I made some Banana and Raisin Mini Muffins that were sugar and dairy free. They were great, tasted yummy and most of them were eaten by members of the household within the first hour, so that's good right?!

However, I'm not sure I'll be sharing the recipe here on the blog, purely because I didn't think they were perfect and I don't want to share them and someone else thinks they're horrible, haha! ;)
Here's how they turned out though!
Plan For Next Week
1) After a chat with Katie on twitter, she recommended a fitness channel called 'Fitness Blender' which has lots of different short workout videos that target different areas. So I'm going to be doing these videos throughout the week and start getting back into Yoga. I've also been wanting to try out the Nike Training App too, so I'm gonna be trying out some of those workouts this week too.

Yoga videos are pretty easy to find online but I think as a starting point I'm gonna be using Erin Motz Challenge videos, they're short enough that I can fit them into my regular routine and I really enjoy her videos.

2) I want to bake something else next week. I actually want to make it a weekly thing and get back into it. However, I want to learn how to adapt the recipes to make healthier versions.

3) I want to get into more of a routine in the morning, I had a bunch of inspiration from Jessica's Post on AM routines! and I want to make sure that this includes a glass of water. I want to drink a glass of water as soon as I get up in the morning to help wake me up and it'll help with keeping me hydrated for my workouts too.

That's it for this week! Lots of plans to keep me busy!

I hope you have a fantastic week ahead :)

Until Next Time!

Question: Do you like baking/cooking? Are you experimental with it? 

If anyone has any tips for baking/substituting ingredients for healthier alternatives, PLEASE feel free to share them!

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook