Sum It Up.. Sunday!

4/19/2015

Hi Everyone! Happy Sunday, I hope you've all had a great week/weekend!

This week has been a lot better this week in terms of my eating habits. I did have a bit of a wobble with my running this week but I'll explain more in the post. At least things are going in the right direction for the most part.
Exercise
Swimming - My swimming lessons are BACK, had a 2 week break due to easter. This week was a mish mash. There were EIGHT of us in the class compared to a usual 3-4 in the class so it was quite hectic. The class was mostly practicing technique and breathing. Our coach had surgery and wasn't here this week so we didn't do our usual but should be back to normal tomorrow!

3 x Running - If memory serves me correctly, I ended up having to skip a run this week. I went for my scheduled speed run on Tuesday after work.. and when I went into my first interval, I ended up pulling something in my quad. I ignored the pain and continued(cause I'm a badass ;) ) and I wish I hadn't. My quad was SO sore afterwards and it was still there the next few days.

I had to skip a scheduled run on Thursday as it was too sore still. By this point I was starting to get niggles in my knees and calves too which sucked.

I did a shorter run than scheduled for Friday, I went for 3 miles instead of 5. Yesterday I was absolutely dreading my long run. My quad pain was gone but I was still having niggles in my knees and calves, almost like spasms even when I walked.
I was able to push through the niggles today and do my scheduled 11 miles.. but my legs are totally paying for it now. I stretched LOTS afterwards(I filmed my stretching routine HERE) and I'm currently wearing some compression leggings to help with recovery.

Yoga - Yoga is still very much the same as last week. I'm still doing the #DetoxYoBody challenge and it's going really great. The yoga poses that we've had this week have actually been really beneficial. There has been alot of stretch type poses this week that have focused on the legs which has been a massive help in stretching out my poor legs this week so I've definitely enjoyed it.
Follow me on IG if you like HERE
Food
Food has actually been really great this week compared to last week! I've been having good choices for all my meals. I've also been trying to stay away from bread this week. I've had SO much bread over the last week or two that I thought it would be a good idea to take a break. Instead, I've been having some delicious salads with tuna.
Dinners are much the same as usual, my dinners don't really ever change that much as we have a plan for the meals that we have during the week.

Snacking has been OK this week too, I've been having more fruit this week instead of other snacks like 9 bars. Sure, 9bars aren't exactly unhealthy as such but rather than having 2 during the day, I had 1 and a piece of fruit as a replacement for the other.

Plan For Next Week
So, body weight/introduction of kettlebells was out this week after I managed to pull my quad.. it just wasn't possible but it's on the cards for this week as long as my legs hold up and don't give me any problems. Half Marathon training comes first over everything else so I would much rather do a full run of my training than a kettlebell workout for the time being. Priorities will change once the half marathon is complete.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I did a video on my stretching routine for running this week. For those that are interested, you can find the video HERE. Please do subscribe to my channel to see more videos on health and fitness and if you have any suggestions of the types of videos you'd like to see from me then feel free to leave them in the comments!

For next week, I think I'm just going to continue to take care of myself. Plenty of water, rest where needed, focusing on healthier eating and snacking. Good breakfast to start off the day, plenty of water, I have salads already prepped for lunches. I hope that this is going to be a good week!

***

There's only a day or so left to enter my giveaway for 2 x One Years Subscription to The Yoga Collective. So, if you're into yoga or you want to start, you can head over to that post HERE.

I hope you all have a great week next week! :)

Question: Do you meal plan? What are your favorite things to have in/on a salad?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Well done on the long run! That's a great time, I'd love to run 11 miles in that but I'm pacing around 11 min miles for my longer runs. Hope you don't have any more leg problems or niggles this week!


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Corinne C Thanks lovely! It's taken me a while to get to this pace, speed/interval runs seem to be helping somewhat since I started training, you'll get there eventually.

    Atm I'm getting some serious niggles in my inner calves which is really weird, I'm not even sure how you stretch the inner calf.. Hopefully it'll just last a day or so.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook