Sum It Up.. Sunday!

10/04/2015

Happy Sunday, Everyone! I've missed this post the last couple of weeks now. Oopsie! Everything should be back on track now, so I shouldn't miss anymore posts! There's not much point on me trying to catch up on missed weeks so I'll just start over and fill you in on this week.
Exercise
Running -  I ran 3 times this week - It wasn't part of any training - I just felt like going out for a run on those days. I did a 3 mile run on Tuesday - which was a little tough - for some reason it took my legs ages to loosen up which wasn't too enjoyable.

On Friday, I took the dog running instead of taking her for a walk - just wanted to stretch my legs and it took less time to run her round the block(1.65 miles) in about 15 minutes rather than it taking 30 mins.

On Saturday - Me, Phillip and his mum went to do Milton Park run - It was SO busy! There were almost 500 people there and the Milton is quite a narrow track in places so ended up being congested and had to slow down in places. Still managed a moderate 29:25 which is OK with me.
Sweaty Post Parkrun Selfie :)
I'll be starting training again as of next week as I will be training for a 10k coming up in November -  I have about 6 weeks until the race - I can already do the distance but would love to get in some speed work to try and get a little faster. So, I'll be starting a training diary for that :)

Food
Food has been naff this week - after returning from Turkey - it's been a little difficult getting back into the swing of things. My eating was crap whilst I was on Holiday - we were staying in a family orientated hotel and there wasn't really THAT much in the way of healthy choices so I just decided to enjoy myself and not worry about it until I got back - from what I could tell from the hotel - the savoury food seemed to be full of oils and the  desserts were full of syrups.

When I get back from holiday - it's always difficult to get back into a proper routine so it took a few days of being absolutely starving all the time. It evened out towards the end of the week but it was nowhere near perfect.

I've had more than enough time to adjust to being back at home and we've now done our food shopping for next week so I'm all prepped for a good week food wise. So I should be back on track this week.

Plan For Next Week
Since it's been a few weeks - I won't go back over my previous plans. On wards and Upwards! This week - I want to focus on getting my eating back under control - as I mentioned earlier - we've already done food shopping so everything should go to plan as long as I don't eat anything extra that's NOT on the plan - I want to give it a good push on weight loss before the end of the year and diet will play a massive role in whether or not I do - so I really need to focus on this.

I also mentioned earlier that I'm going to be starting training again - so I'll be running 3-4 times a week - on top of this - I want to start doing my Kettlebell workouts again so gain some strength and I've heard about how much it's supposed to help out with running, so I'm gonna be starting that again too!

I'm hoping that everything goes to plan this week - I just need to have the will power to resist sh*tty foods and actually get my butt up and WORK! :)

***
Here's a couple of my posts that have gone up in the last few weeks since I did my last Sum It Up.. Sunday, maybe you missed them:
Om Yoga Magazine // All Good Choices
Review // CurraNZ Supplement for Performance and Recovery
Race Recap // Great North Run 2015
Huel - The Future of Food?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm hoping to start back into running soon after an injury, I prefer running in the winter when it's cooler & I'm also thinking about trying a parkrun! It looks really fun!

    Rachel - Cake Doesn't Count x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rachel Harris Oh No! Sorry to hear you're injured, I hope it's not too long before you're better. Yes, I definitely prefer winter too. I hate the heat when running. You should definitely try a park run - they're great. You can go as fast or as slow as you want with no pressure and everyone is always really supportive :) x

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook