Review // Aloe Vera Juices from Taj Foods

2/11/2014

For full disclosure purposes, I received the Aloe Vera Juices from Taj Foods for free in return for a review. I was not paid to write this review and all opinions of the product received are my own.

A few weeks ago, I was asked whether or not I would like to try out a new Aloe Vera Juice from Taj Foods. I had a look at the benefits of drinking Aloe Vera Juices and it seems to have a fair few health benefits, so I said Yes.

About the Product/Brand
Taj Foods descibes itself as "TAJ Foods Ltd is the UK and Europe’s leading Ethnic Food Brand within the Branded FMCG Food Market (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) established for over 30 years."

Taj Food's Aloe Vera Juice claims:
Low Sugar
Aids Detox
Boosts Immunity
Energizing
The Main Ingredients include:
46% Pure Aloe Juice with Pulp
Filtered Water
Glucose
Stevia
More flavours in this range include: Original, Strawberry, Mango, Lychee, Passionfruit, Pomegranate and Cranberry.

My Impressions
I received two 500ml bottles of their Aloe Vera Juice in Original and Strawberry flavour. Well Packaged, all of its benefits are clearly labeled on the front. Labels also include that the Aloe Vera drinks are not suitable if pregnant, lactating or for children under 3.

The actual drink when poured into a glass, I must admit looked a little odd, like floating jellyfish!
I did try this when it was first received and it wasn't COLD. The juice had a nice refreshing taste but I didn't have too much and put it in the refrigerator to have chilled. It is WAY better cold.

I personally preferred the Strawberry flavour over the Original.

I can't vouch for any of the benefits that it claims to have because I think I would have to be drinking the products over a longer period of time to see if there were any benefits.

Pros:
Refreshing
Flavour was not too over powering.
Pulp/bits in the drink were different and I enjoyed this!

Cons:
I personally thought that the drinks were a little sweet. However, that's probably just my preference as Phillip didn't find this an issue.

Verdict
I'd give the product 4/5, with one point lost purely based on the sweetness of the product. However, Phillip said he'd give this 5 and he really liked the drink.. So much so, that he drank half of each bottle before I got to have a real taste of the drink.

That being said, I would buy these again if I saw them in the supermarket and I'm intrigued to know what the other flavours taste like!

Availability
Some of the flavours are available to be purchased at Morrisons(UK) and on Amazon.

Other Info
For more information or to view Taj Foods product range, click HERE.
Taj Foods also have a Twitter and Facebook Page.

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This drink is the worst tasting aloe vera drink. There are much better ones out there that taste much better. and how can half of it be aloe vera? I am an aloe vera fanatic selling forever living products and i think this company is seriously misleading. I think you should bare that in mind for your review laurafat2fit.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook