OM Yoga Show // London 2014

10/28/2014

Disclosure: I am part of the OM Yoga Blogger Programme. I was provided with a free day pass to the Om Yoga Show, but was not asked to write a review for my blog. All opinions and thoughts are my own. Links/Ads for OM Yoga are affiliated referral links. See my policy page HERE for more detail.

So, as many of you know, I was given the opportunity to go to the OM Yoga Show in London this past weekend thanks to the OM Yoga Magazine and their blogger programme.

I'd heard nothing but good things about the show so wanted to go and see what it was all about. The show ran from Friday through to Sunday at London Olympia. I went on Saturday.

As soon as we walked inside, the atmosphere was BUZZING. There were so many lovely people, SO much to look at. In all honesty, as someone who has never stepped foot in an event like this, I was pretty overwhelmed, I almost didn't know what to do with myself or where to start. Phillip(who reluctantly came ;) ) and I decided to do a whole loop of the place just to get our barings.

There is literally so much to do and see at the show.  There are six open classes, two workshop rooms, a yoga equipment studio, the yoga hot pod, a childrens yoga area, performance stage, lecture theatre, yoga swing studio, yoga teaching conference, a fresh juice bar and over 250 exhibitors!

 Whew! a mouthful! You get my drift, there's TONNES to do!
Sneaky picture of some of the lovely yogis doing a spot of Boxing Yoga
I didn't do any of the classes. I was originally going to do the Boxing Yoga that morning, but I was so intimidated so ended up just watching. The thing is, when you're in a normal class environment, you have everyone around you all doing the class and that's it. At the show, there is everyone around you doing the class BUT there are also tonnes of spectators.. and my fear of messing up or making a fool of myself kind-of took over here, so I chickened out(next year, I will hopefully be much better at yoga and actually get involved).

There are SO many different exhibitors at the event selling everything from food to clothing to accessories. Everything you could possibly think of that involves yoga, it's probably there!
Just a glimpse at the exhibitors from the 1st floor
There was a whole the ground floor, pictured above and also a 1st floor that contained even more exhibitors! The 1st floor(imo), was more meditation, mind and soul side of yoga. There was a Mind Body Soul part of the Yoga show which you got entry for free with your yoga show ticket, unfortunately, I didn't visit this either.

I think you need to spend at least two days at the event if you intend on taking classes as tasters, go to the MBS show and look around at all the exhibitors. Time went VERY fast and it was almost a rush to get round and have a good look!

Whilst I was there, I did have a sneaky go on the Feet Up Stool that was at the Yoga Matters Exhibit. At first I wasn't going to try it as I have very little core strength, but actually it was pretty easy to get up into a headstand using this.
I did REALLY want one, but I couldn't justify spending so much on it(£89 at the show), even though I know I would probably get a lot of use out of it. :/

The last thing to mention and one of the highlights of my day at the Yoga Show was meeting some of the gorgeous Health Bloggers(#HBloggers)!
From Left to Right - KatieEleanor and Fab!
It was lovely to meet you all after interacting with you on twitter and such! We had a little chat about what we'd been getting up to at the show and what we'd bought. I'm sure it won't be the last time that I get to see you all in person! :)

So yeah, that was it for the Yoga Show! I'd REALLY recommend anyone interested in Yoga or wants to get into yoga, to check out the show! It's such a great way to get introduced, try different classes and to spend a lot of money ;)

The show will be at Alexandra Palace next year in October if you're interested, or they do hold the show in Manchester for those further up north!

Question:  Have you ever been to a big event/show/exhibition such as the OM Yoga Show?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook