What I Ate Wednesday #1

7/10/2013

I've seen these types of posts floating around on blogs that I've been reading.. and seeing as I keep trying to eat healthier, I thought this would be a good way to show the types of things that I eat on a daily basis and hopefully help me not stray off the path.

So I should probably mention that I normally eat around 6 times a day.

I have my main meals of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.. and then 3 snacks, 1 between each meal (depending on whether or not I'm hungry, sometimes snacks are less).

I roughly eat around 1600 calories on a non-exercise day.. and on days when I do exercise, I try to eat my 1600 cals plus at least half of my exercise calories. Without getting into too much detail, I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories. MFP automatically puts me in a calorie deficit to lose 0.5 lbs a week and therefore I eat back some of my exercise calories so I do not create an even bigger deficit than is needed.

Before I start, I do not claim to eat clean. I eat HEALTHIER than I USED to eat. What I eat is probably not what a lot of other people have in mind and that's fine, this has been working for me since the start. I am slowly trying to cut out things from my diet and have 'cleaner' choices, I will get there eventually but it will be a slow process. I am not the only one that these meals are prepared for in the household and I have to keep this in mind.

So, without further ago.. Lets get on to what I ate today.

Breakfast (9:30 am):



Chocolate Weetabix with 150ml of Semi Skimmed Milk

Options Belgian Hot Chocolate

Cals: 279





Snack (11 am-12:30 pm):

Graze Eton Mess - almond slices, blackcurrants, mini meringues and cranberries

Cals: 134


Lunch (12:30-1:30 pm):
Tuna in Spring Water (Drained) - 1 Tin
Ryvita - Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread x3
Heinz - Salad Cream Extra Light 70% Less Fat x2 Servings (15ml each)
Cucumber Sliced Up - Half a Cup

Cals: 283
Snack (3-4 pm):

Graze Salsa Fresca - Tomato salsa fresca with cheesy sombreros
Activia - Coconut and Pineapple Yoghurt

Cals: 174
Dinner (6 pm):
Tesco Potato Waffles x2
Birds Eye Light And Crunchy Breaded Chicken
Petis Pois - 140 g

Cals: 534
Snack (7:30-8:30 pm):


Tassimo Latte Machiatto

Yoo...Yummy Thing Milk and White Chocolate Puffed Rice Split Pot

Cals: 307
Total Cals For The Day: 1710

Like I said, my food isn't the healthiest, some days are better than others and I'm trying bit by bit to make healthier choices.

How has your food been looking this week? 

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook