Sum It Up.. Sunday!

4/12/2015

Hi Everyone! Happy Sunday, I hope you've all had a great week/weekend!

This week has been a mish mash. I've had ups and downs with my exercise this week, ups and downs with food. It's just been a roller coaster of a week!
Exercise
4 x Running - Like I said, it's been a mish mash this week. I've done all 4 of my scheduled runs this week and they've been good and bad.

I had a speed run on weds(instead of tues, we went to the cinema to watch F&F7). It actually went REALLY well for my first attempted speed run, it was a lot of hard work, I'm currently doing Sprint/Walks rather than Sprint/Jogs as I'm not able to recover quickly enough in between currently.

Due to jumbling up my run days, I ended up not having a rest day in between 3 runs(BAD IDEA for me). Thurs was a 5 mile tempo run, Fri was meant to be a 50-60 min easy run. I managed neither of them fully. I managed 3 miles for my tempo and 1.5 miles for my easy run. I was burnt out and just wasn't feeling it. My knees and calves were niggling and I just didn't want to push it. I had to listen to my body.. and my body freaks out without rest.

THEN today was a 10 mile run! It was originally meant to be a 9 mile run but i've had to do a switcheroo on my training as I'm now doing RunHackney half marathon rather than my local half marathon and it's a week earlier than my plan.

I managed to do the 10 miles and still had something left in the tank. Pace wasn't the best but I was facing a headwind a majority of my run and it was SO tough! but I'm so proud of myself for getting it done!

Yoga - I've still been doing the #DetoxYoBody yoga challenge for the month of April and it's SO much more successful than the last challenge, the poses are much more manageable for me.
You can follow me on IG HERE
Food
Like with exercise, food has also been a bit here and there. I've made good choices for main meals which is better than junk, however, my snacking was pretty bad towards the end of the week. Me and P ended up demolishing a big box of chocolates within two days that we got for Easter. Ouch. I'm not proud of it.. but they're gone now.. so there won't be any as of next week.

Plan For Next Week
Didn't restart the ab challenge like I planned this week, it just slipped my mind with HM training being a priority. I want to start incorporating some Kettlebell/weight/bodyweight workouts back into my routine to try and help tone up and build some muscle.. so I think this might be a focus of mine for this coming week.

I have also been slacking on the Youtube front.. I've not posted a video for 2 weeks now. I hadn't planned a video over Easter and then I didn't plan this week either! I could have put together a video for this week but my aim is not to rush videos and produce poor content for the channel.. so I'm going to jot down some ideas for videos.. and I might pre-film 1 or 2 videos as long as my week isn't too busy.

Apart from the two things I mentioned above, I just want to make sure that I'm drinking plenty of water to help rid some water retention from the LR and my not-so-healthy eating and I just want to make sure that I have a good week of healthy eating without so much crap.

***

So, that's it for this week, like I said, it's been a rollercoaster of a week, some good and bad parts for the week. Looking to have an all good week this coming week!

If you missed it, I currently have a giveaway running on my blog for 2 x One Years Subscription to The Yoga Collective. So, if you're into yoga or you want to start, you can head over to that post HERE.

I hope you all have a great week next week! :)

Question: Ever had a mixture of a good/bad week? What do you do to create balance for the following week?

Like this post?
Other places to find me:
** Twitter ** Instagram ** Pinterest ** Facebook ** Google+ **

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook